Cowtown. Panther City. Fort Worth. Call it whatever you want, but, the fact is, this North Texas city is a fabulous spot for a getaway year-round. With its laidback vibe and unfussy country-meets-city persona, Fort Worth is a city for cowboys and cowboys at heart. With museums, hotels, honky tonks and more, Fort Worth has something to entertain travelers of all types from all over the country and beyond. If you want it, Fort Worth has it.
You know what else Fort Worth has? Scorching summers. From late May until late September, Fort Worth’s temperatures often hit 90 degrees or warmer, with triple digit days likely in the summer months. True Fort Worthers invest in excellent air conditioning to survive the warmers months, and most folds head to the pool every day they are able. Waterparks, community pools, private pools- these are the places to be in the summer months in Fort Worth, Texas!
If you find yourself in Cowtown in the warmer months, be sure to add these pools to your travel plans so you can maximize your fun in the Texas sun!
Six sweet swim spots in the Fort Worth area
- Burger’s Lake, Fort Worth– Swim in this one-acre spring-fed lake for the ultimate day in the sun. There are more than 300 picnic tables on site so you can stay all day as well as 6 diving boards, a 20-foot slide and a trapeze so everyone can find something that makes them happy! Spend your day playing the sand, ordering burgers from the bar and just enjoying the day at this Fort Worth staple.
- Hurricane Harbor, Arlington– This mega waterpark, owned by Six Flags, offers up a thrilling day of waterpark fun. With dozens of slides, a lazy river, a wave pool and more, Hurricane Harbor is good, wet fun from sun up until sun down. There’s even a play area for the youngest adventures so they can climb and slide the day away.
- Hawaiian Falls, Mansfield and Roanoke– Slides and pools and rivers, oh my! This waterpark brings you the excitement you crave in a slightly smaller setting, making this perfect for families with kids in multiple age groups. Rent a cabana so you can kick back in the shade all day and save room for all the yummy treats they sell on site.
- NRH2O, North Richland Hills– Located just to the east of Fort Worth proper, NRH2O is a family-friendly waterpark that offers up activities for everyone at a great price. Kick back in the lazy river or wind your way through lots of exciting slides. There are multiple play areas for young swimmers and plenty of spots to set up shop in the shade.
- Splash Dayz, White Settlement– With attractions like the Splash Speedway, Blackout and Velocity, you know this spot is going to be fun! Purchase a cooler pass and bring in your own food for the ultimate fun day that won’t break the bank. This spot has something fun for everyone in your travel group.
- Great Wolf Lodge, Grapevine– If you’ve had enough sun for one vacation but are still dying to enjoy the water, grab a day pass to Great Wolf Lodge and enjoy the best of both worlds! Stay out of the sun’s harmful rays while still enjoying time in the water. Great Wolf Lodge has multiple slides and play areas as well as a lazy river and more so you can have all the fun without the sunscreen.
Fort Worth lodging
After a great day in the water, you’ll want a welcoming spot to relax and unwind. Cowtown RV is just the spot! Located on Fort Worth’s west side, Cowtown RV gives you a true glimpse of true Texas hospitality. Guests here can enjoy a swimming pool, multiple dog runs, a gift shop and more. You’ll love the quiet, country feel of this spots on the outskirts of one of Texas’ biggest cities. See you in Cowtown!