Everything is certainly merry and bright this holiday season in Grapevine, Texas, North Texas’ premiere Christmas destination. Located just north of Fort Worth, Grapevine is a charming town with its own lake, winery, exceptional school system and miles and miles of Christmas cheer! If you need a dose of merry this holiday season, put Grapevine on your list of places to visit to soak up some holiday spirit.
Grapevine has a number of awesome attractions for kids, families, friends and more to make some wonderful memories this holiday season. Whether you want to spend some time indoors or want to bundle up and brave the cooler temps with some outdoor ice skating, Grapevine is the destination in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex for holiday fun. So pack your cowboys boots, a jacket and your holiday mittens, we’re celebrating Christmas Texas-style!
Five ways to get your jingle on this holiday season 2022 in Grapevine, Texas
- Take a ride on the Polar Express– Grapevine Vintage Railroad has a favorite tradition that local families return to year after year. Each holiday season, the train is converted into the Polar Express and kids are encouraged to hop on board in their pajamas and take a ride to North Pole. Magic awaits all those who board! (Disclaimer: the 2022 holiday season is already sold out. You can still get on the waitlist for this year- but regardless, be sure to set an alarm for next year so you can take your kids in 2023!)
- Skate one of the largest outdoor ice skating rink in Texas– Lace up your skates and get ready to take a spin around Grapevine’s newest holiday feature, a Texas-sized ice rink. Located on Peace Plaza in front of the Grapevine Main Station, the ice rink is right near the Christmas tree in downtown Grapevine so visitors can capture some great photos of their time in the Christmas Capital of Texas.
- Experience Christmas at the Gaylord Texan– This holiday season marks the return of one of the Gaylord’s most beloved Christmas activities- ICE! Visitors sport parkas as they stroll through a chilly, icy wonderland with thousands upon thousands of pounds of intricately carved ice. After you finish with ICE, wander through the lights display, participate in reindeer games and soak up all the holiday merriment.
- Embark on an elf adventure- Follow along a unique path through Historic Grapevine that engages kids of all ages in making crafts by hand that will commemorate this holiday season. Kids can stamp a brass luggage or gift tag, decorate a wooden train Christmas ornament, design a holiday-themed bookmark and more. The North Pole Neighborhood can’t wait for merry-making visitors!
- Adventure to Snowland at Great Wolf Lodge– Immerse yourself in a winter wonderland, Great Wolf-style! Enjoy festive treats, activities, crafts and more that will have kids saying “this is the best vacation ever!” When kids need to warm up and escape Snowland they can venture to the heated indoor waterpark where year-round poolside fun is sure to be had even if the weather outside is frightful!
Grapevine is a wonderful destination any time of year with scores of great spots for families and friends to call home for a few days while they enjoy all the city has to offer. If you are looking for a great spot with great rates in Grapevine this holiday season, look no further than The Vineyards Campground and Cabins. Whether you want to bring your camper and make your spot your own or cozy up in a fully-furnished cabin, The Vineyards Campground is a great spot to call home for the holidays this season. This spot offers plenty of spots for a winter hike as well as a playground and beach for the kiddos. You’ll love browsing through the camp store and hanging out with friends and family at the pavilion. The Vineyards Campground and Cabins is your go-to spot in Grapevine for year-round fun.
Leave a Reply ·