Spring Break is still a few months away, which means now is the perfect time to reserve a campsite or cabin at the Texas campground, RV park or resort you prefer to stay in, according to a press release.
“We’ve never had as many RVers seeking campsites as we have now, and that means you need to make your campsite reservations earlier than ever,” said Brian Schaeffer, executive director and CEO of the Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO), which hosts TexasCampgrounds.com. “With this in mind, we think it behooves folks planning an RV or camping trip over Spring Break to make their reservations now.”
Texas campgrounds, RV parks and resorts offer an ever-increasing array of amenities, from heated resort-style swimming pools, including pools with splashpads and interactive play features for kids. Many also have state-of-the-art fitness centers, catch-and-release fishing lakes, nature trails, dog parks and even dog wash stations, noted the release.
Some companies have large portfolios of RV parks, including The Boston Group, which owns nine different parks across Texas, including Rio Bonito Cabin and RV Park in Liberty Hill, which has frontage along the San Gabriel River, and Seven Lakes RV Resort in Burnet, which is close to Lake Buchanan.
Schaeffer said the amenities offered by independently owned and operated parks across Texas are quite diverse and appeal to families, couples and singles of all ages.
Consider these examples:
- Forest Retreat RV Park in New Caney: This RV Park has almost 100 sites with 50 amp and 30 amp service and lots of amenities, including a swimming pool, free cable TV service, free Wi-Fi, public bathrooms and showers, a clubhouse with free coffee and ice, onsite propane and a laundry facility. This park is consistently rated 10-10-10 by the Good Sam Club based on its immaculate facilities, restroom cleanliness and striking visual appeal.
- Fort Amarillo RV Park in Amarillo: This park is often used as a base camp for excursions to Palo Duro Canyon State Park, which features a rugged 800-foot deep, 110-mile long chasm that is the largest canyon in the U.S. after the Grand Canyon. Fort Amarillo RV Park also accommodates travelers bound for the annual Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, which takes place during the first week of October, as well as people interested in seeing Amarillo area rodeos. Fort Amarillo RV Park has many amenities, including a 4,500 square foot dog park, tennis courts; an indoor heated swimming pool; and a unique gift store called Lizzie Mae’s Mercantile, which features everything from Texas-themed souvenirs to Christmas ornaments, unique baking mixes and condiments and home decor items.
- Jetstream RV Resort Pearland in Houston: This park is located 12 miles from downtown Houston and minutes from NRG Stadium and the Texas Medical Center. Park amenities include a clubhouse, business center and fitness center; a resort-style heated swimming pool and hot tub; an outdoor kitchen with grills; a dog park and dog wash station; and a playground. Several additional amenities are planned for the near future, including a beer garden, an outdoor fire pit and an outdoor yard game area with string lights.
- Pioneer Beach RV Resort in Port Aransas: This park features RV sites and cabins. Amenities include two swimming pools; a hot tub; a recreation hall and game room; a dog run; a birding pond with ducks, spoonbills, and cranes; and a private boardwalk to the beach.
- Shady Creek RV Park in Aubrey: This park features large RV sites with full hookups. Most sites have parking for two vehicles on site. Amenities include a banquet/party room with a full kitchen; a swimming pool; fitness center; fire pit; a fenced dog run; an LP gas station; and wide paved roads.
- Summer Breeze USA Resorts in the greater Houston area: Summer Breeze USA owns and operates three resorts in the greater Houston, including Katy Brookshire RV Resort and Kemah RV Resort. The Kemah resort features a swimming pool and hot tub and park model rentals. The Katy Brookshire RV Resort features a 10,000-square-foot indoor heated pool, a giant indoor Texas boot-shaped hot tub, a NASA-themed water park, park model and cabin rentals as well as a clubhouse and fitness center. Learn more about the parks at.
- Sun Outdoors San Antonio West in San Antonio: This pet friendly park features beautifully landscaped RV sites and one- and two-bed cabin rentals. Amenities include a swimming pool, game room, bocce ball and a fitness center.
- The Retreat at Shady Creek in Aubrey: Every RV site at this park features a 10- by 12-foot concrete patio. Amenities include a state-of-the-art fitness center; a play pool with tanning ledge; two outdoor cooking stations; a putting green; a walking trail; a catch-and-release fishing pond; cornhole; and a dog park. The park also offers organized activities.
- Treeside RV Resort in New Braunfels: Amenities at this park include a 50-foot swimming pool with a shallow fun zone and splash pad for kids, yard games, a fitness center with an elliptical machine, medicine balls, weight sets and yoga mats, as well as a fenced dog park and dog wash station. Nearby activities include river tubing on the Coral, San Marcos and Guadalupe Rivers.
- Twin Coves Park and Marina in Flower Mound: This 243-acre park is on the north shore of Grapevine Lake. Families can enjoy a variety of new features including an office/camp store; a playground; two large pavilions; a grass volleyball court; horseshoes and washer game sets; a four-hole disc golf course; hike/bike nature trails, kayak rentals, a boat launch, and a lake overlook area with a fire pit and seating.
Schaeffer noted that companies like Malakoff-based Platinum Cottages are also supplying Texas campgrounds with fully furnished park model-style cabins and cottages with separate bedrooms, kitchens and bathrooms. You’ll find these rental accommodations at numerous campgrounds, including the Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park in Canyon Lake, Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in Kerrville and Mystic Quarry in Canyon Lake.
Leave a Reply ·