San Antonio is a fun year-round destination because the area simply offers so much to do. From amusement parks to excellent dining and gorgeous lakes to historical sites, San Antonio is a must-visit Texas town. Although visiting in the winter means guests can’t experience fun area waterparks such as Aquatica and Schlitterbahn, it does mean guests get to experience the magic of San Antonio during the holiday season.
San Antonio is an ideal destination in the colder months for a number of reasons. Firstly, it doesn’t actually get that cold in wintertime! Average temperatures in December hover in the 60s, meaning that guests from cold states can leave their heavy jackets at home when they head to Texas for some winter respite. Secondly, San Antonio does the holidays in a big way. From twinkling light displays to interactive holidays events, San Antonio is a desirable spot to celebrate the winter season. When you plan your San Antonio holiday getaway, be sure to add these fun events to your list.
Family-friendly holiday events in San Antonio 2022
- Zoo Lights at the San Antonio Zoo– Perfect for guests of all ages, Zoo Lights is a festive way to get in the holiday spirit. Kids can enjoy a meet and greet with Santa and wander through a stunning light tunnel. Elaborate light displays and trees ablaze with LED lights will incite holiday merriment in even the biggest Scrooges this holiday season!
- SeaWorld Christmas Celebration– Enjoy the largest light display in Texas this holiday season at SeaWorld San Antonio. Experience a Christmas-themed parade starring the characters from Sesame Street and get up close and personal with Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and friends. Between the festive shows and the stunning lights, this is one event you won’t want to miss.
- Lightscape at San Antonio Botanical Gardens- Delight in the magic of more than one million twinkling lights and festive holiday music at this magical event at the San Antonio Botanical Gardens. Guests can even roast marshmallows over an open fire and drink holiday-ready beverages to really get in the Christmas spirit. Don’t miss the Bluebonnet installation- it’s a must-see for Texans!
- Holiday Lights on the River Walk– Stroll along San Antonio’s famed River Walk and marvel at more than 100,000 twinkling lights designed to get you in a festive state of mind. Even better, it is totally free to partake in this jolly display of wintertime merriment. So grab a hot cocoa (and maybe a stroller if you’ve got littles!) and wander down the River Walk with the ones you love, getting excited about the magical season ahead.
- Santa’s Ranch– Located just northeast of San Antonio in New Braunfels, Santa’s Ranch is worth the drive for one of the largest light displays in Texas! Guests can enjoy bites and drinks (mmm… hot cocoa!) as they drive along a path illuminated by thousands upon thousands of twinkling lights. Stop for a souvenir while you’re there to preserve the memories you’ll make for years to come.
San Antonio lodging
If San Antonio is going to be your home for the holiday season 2022, you’ll want to find a spot with great accommodations at a fabulous price so you can spend your cash on holiday happenings. Look no further than Braunig Lake RV Resort, a great spot to call you (temporary) home in Elmendorf, Texas. Located just southeast of San Antonio, this spot allows you to experience the convenience of big city living during the day with the calm quiet of country living at night. You’ll love the RV sites, pool and hot tub, cabins, meeting facilities and more. Experience nature this holiday season at Braunig Lake RV Resort.
Leave a Reply ·