Feeding into the idea that everything is, in fact, bigger in Texas, is Houston’s famed Livestock Show and Rodeo, which is, in fact, the biggest in the world. For 20 days in late winter, cowboys, cowgirls and celebrities flock to Houston to dress up, listen to great live music, watch a few, well, rodeos, and so much more. Grab your favorite boots, clear your calendar and get ready for a good time, partner. This is one Texas event you won’t want to miss.
This year’s rodeo takes place from February 27 to March 17, 2024. It will feature a number of events to attract visitors with a variety of interests from far and wide. From carnival rides and events for kids to barbeque contests for meat enthusiasts and star-studded concerts for music aficionados, Rodeo Houston is designed to appeal to all. You can even get involved before Rodeo kicks off by participating in events like 5Ks and charitable auctions leading up to the big event. Rodeo Houston is primed and ready to be a good time for all… It might even leave you wondering what took you so long to try out your first rodeo.
Five fun activities to check out at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo
- Catch a concert. And, before you ask, no, it’s not just country artists who play at Rodeo Houston! Loads of big-name artists grace the stage at this larger-than-life wintertime event in Texas. This year’s lineup includes big-names artists such as the Jonas Brothers, Luke Bryan, 50 Cent, Blake Shelton and more. There is definitely something for everyone! See the full lineup here.
- Check out the carnival. Whether you like to play carnival games or go on carnival rides, you are sure to find something that will keep you entertained at the rodeo. Take a ride on the Ferris Wheel with 36 padded, air-conditioned seats or practice your throwing skills at a number of games designed to test your accuracy and precision.
- Fill up your belly with good eats. The rodeo is also home to the World’s Championship Bar-B-Que Contest. More than 250 teams will compete to see who has the best ‘que out there. Although many tents are for teams only, there are plenty of spots where you can buy finger-licking good food and drinks. Buy a one-day pass to the contest and you get a complimentary meal. Yum!
- Sip and savor the day at the Champion Wine Garden, where you can sample more than 75 award-winning wines. Catch live entertainment from rising Texas stars while you test a few reds, whites or bubblies with your buddies. Get ready to savor the season with a great glass of vino.
- Embark on an Agventure to see animals of all shapes and sizes. Adults and kids alike will enjoy seeing all kinds of livestock up close. There’s a petting zoo, a milking barn, a honey bee display and so many more interactive exhibits awaiting guests. This is one activity at the rodeo you won’t want to skip!
Kick your boots off after a long day at the Rodeo and relax in style at Jetstream RVs in Houston. With multiple locations in the Houston area, there is one (or, more likely, more than one!) that will have everything you need for a great getaway to greater Houston. Jetstream RV in Pearland is pet-friendly and features a workout room as well as a heated pool. With a business center onsite as well as outdoor firepits, you can even mix business with pleasure while you partake in rodeo festivities. Get ready to have all the fun in Houston this year.
Photo credit: https://www.rodeohouston.com/media/