For many years, TexasCampgrounds.com has been the “go-to” travel planning resource for camping and RV trips in Texas, according to a press release. Now there’s another one, TexasGlampingResorts.com, which highlights campgrounds and resorts that offer unique glamping accommodations, from furnished covered wagons, yurts, tipis and safari tents to fully furnished cabins, cottages and vintage RVs.
“Park operators in Texas have been making big investments in more sophisticated glamping accommodations, so we thought it would be helpful to create a new website to help consumers quickly find these unique resorts,” said Brian Schaeffer, executive director and CEO of the Texas Association of Campground Owners (TACO), which hosts both websites.
TexasGlampingResorts.com has a search function that enables consumers to find glamping resorts by type of accommodation and city. The website also allows glamping parks to post up to 10 photos with their listing, which gives consumers a great idea of what they have to offer.
Popular glamping resorts listed on the site include:
- Jellystone Park Camp-Resort in Burleson: Glamping accommodations at this park include furnished Conestoga wagons, glamping tipis, and cylinder-shaped cabins that are made from actual grain bins. Each grain bin cabin has a spiral staircase leading up to a second story which features a half bath and two cozy bunk beds. The downstairs area has a full kitchen and a full bathroom. This park also has rental cabins that are housed inside a 260-foot-long pirate ship.
- Loyd Park in Grand Prairie: This park offers furnished cabins and yurts as well as the 18-room Loyd Park Lodge. Built on a site with large, majestic oak trees just a few steps from Joe Pool Lake, the Loyd Park Lodge features a fully furnished kitchen, a covered porch with rocking chairs, a barbecue grill, a fire pit and big screen TVs and Wi-Fi. Loyd Park is a 791-acre recreation area located in the middle of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex on the west shore of Joe Pool Lake.
- Mystic Quarry in Canyon Lake: Located near the Guadalupe River and Canyon Lake in the heart of the Texas Hill Country, this resort features everything from furnished cabins to luxuriously appointed glamping lodges to tiny homes, glamping tents and tipis.
- The Retreat RV & Camping Resort in Huffman: This park offers furnished covered wagons, bell tents, safari tents, retro-style RVs and luxury cottages.
- The Vineyards of Fredericksburg RV Park in Fredericksburg: Glamping accommodations at this park include park models, covered wagons and the 3,000-square-foot Moscato Cottage, an elegant 3,000-square-foot private loft that includes three bedrooms and two bathrooms, a kitchen with beautiful granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. The unit also has hardwood floors, a private patio and an outdoor fire pit.