Mustang Island, an island along the Texas Coast in the Gulf of Mexico, is home to Port Aransas, a well-known beach town that has been dubbed the “Fishing Capital of Texas.” Known for its sandy beaches and laidback lifestyle, Port Aransas is a popular summertime destination for travelers in search of some fun in the Texas sun. While most people head to Port Aransas simply for the beaches, Port A (as its often called) and Mustang Island offer so much more than just fabulous beaches to Texas travelers of all ages!
Although we are heading into the colder months of the year, you can still enjoy a wonderful vacation on Mustang Island and Port Aransas, even if you can’t swim in the Gulf. There are plenty of places in the area to grab a delicious bite to eat and lots of activities to entertain guests year-round. So buckle up and head to the Texas Coast for some good old Texas sun any time of year!
Five fun things to do in Port Aransas, Texas (that can be done year-round!)
- Get in on the pickleball craze! There are several pickleball courts in Port Aransas you can use for free if you have your own equipment. You can also borrow paddles and balls from the Parks & Recreation department. Pickleball is somewhat of a hybrid of tennis and ping pong and is fun for all ages.
- Hop a boat cruise to see some beautiful sites on the water. From Port A’s Fisherman’s Wharf, guests can climb aboard a number of vessels to take them on adventures of all types. If fishing is your thing, you might enjoy a deep sea fishing excursion. If you have kids who love sea creatures, a dolphin-watching cruise might be perfect for you. Check the website to see the variety of boating options you have during your Port A holiday.
- Let your creativity flow by creating a one-of-a-kind ceramic keepsake. Scoot on over to Fire It! Ceramics and pick out a piece of pottery that speaks to you. Then paint it and let the experts at the shop fire it to seal the color. You can pick up the piece before you leave town as a charming keepsake from your Port A vacay.
- Kick back with a cold one at Bron’s Backyard. Kids can enjoy sno cones and smoothies while adults can select something a little stronger if they like. Challenge your fellow travelers to a number of fun backyard games such as Jenga, cornhole, ping pong and more, or see if you can beat the high score on the great selection of video games onsite.
- Engage with local art at the Port Aransas Art Center. The local art center hosts a number of events for all ages. From wine events to exhibitions and art tutorials to art shows, the Port Aransas Art Center is a great local resource for those interested in learning or exploring art in the area.
Port Aransas Lodging
When you book a holiday in Port A, you won’t want to skip booking your lodging with Pioneer Beach RV Resort. Located along a remote beach on the Gulf of Mexico, Pioneer Beach RV enables you to stay steps from the beach so you can enjoy dipping your toes in the sand whenever you want. Pioneer Beach RV is located within minutes from the all the fun amenities Port Aransas has to offer visitors, as well as tons of great offerings itself. Pioneer Beach RV offers a swimming pool and hot tub, boardwalk to the beach, on-site convenience store and more. There are both RV hook ups and cabins at this spot, so you can choose which accommodations suit your vacation needs. Happy vacationing!