Now that Labor Day 2022 is behind us, it is truly fall, right? Even if the temperatures are still in the 90s, leaves are still (mostly) green and situated happily on trees and waterparks all over the state of Texas are still open, if only on the weekends, September still qualifies as (mostly) fall, don’t you think? Kids are starting to discuss Halloween costumes on the playground, fall and Halloween events are starting to pop up on Facebook Event pages and there are even a few houses scattered around town that already have out spooky decorations. Even if Mother Nature hasn’t seemed to take the bait, it would seem that Texas is ready for fall.
If you’ve never visited Fredericksburg this time of year, you might want to make 2022 the year you change that. Fredericksburg plays host each fall to a variety of festivals and celebrations that cater to travelers and locals of all ages. Whether you want to relax, shop, play or dine, there is a festival this fall in Fredericksburg that will leave you ready for the colder months ahead. Check out these awesome festivities for 2022.
Fun fall festivals in Fredericksburg, Texas, 2022
- Oktoberfest– Celebrate Fredericksburg’s German heritage with a three-day celebration modeled after Munich’s well-known Oktoberfest. The Polka Capital of Texas, Fredericksburg hosts a wonderful Oktoberfest complete with food, drink, live entertainment and so much more. Perfect for all ages, Oktoberfest is not to be missed… Yodeling contest or family lederhosen competition, anyone?
- Texas Mesquite Arts Festival– First launched in 1992, the Texas Mesquite Arts Festival brings together talented woodworkers from far and wide and features their elegant, handmade goods at this weekend-long event. Purchase everything from coasters to beds, all carved out of mesquite wood and ready for a chance to be featured in your home!
- BestFest– Put on by the Knights of Columbus, BestFest is a day-long festival with dancing, raffles, food and prizes. Dance the day away with live polka bands while you feast on traditional German fare. Kids can engage with fun activities and games while parents and caregivers relax and enjoy a fun, festive afternoon (and maybe win some prizes to boot!).
- Fredericksburg Food & Wine Fest– The 32nd annual Food & Wine Fest is a day-long event that features grape tosses, live music and, of course, food and wine! Listen to live music all day as you dance, sip and enjoy and lively afternoon. You can also shop from a number of curated vendors and get a head start on your holiday shopping!
- Grape Stomp Festival– Come out Saturdays in September and October to stomp some grapes and have some fun! Perfect for the whole family, the Grape Stomp Festival, hosted by the Fredericksburg Polo Club, takes places on a property with alpacas, camels and more for tons of (potentially smelly?) fun. Live music, vendors, wine, food and more are offered up at this pet-friendly event.
After a long day of fun in the Texas sun (because weekends in September and October in Texas will likely still be pretty warm!), you’ll want a great spot to kick up your feet and relax. Well, Vineyards of Fredericksburg RV Park is just the spot to catch up on some R&R after a long day of festive fall activities. Featuring private bathrooms, a large, modern clubhouse, pet-friendly facilities and more, the Vineyards is a great spot to call home for a day, a weekend, a week or even longer! With 100 RV sites, free Wi-Fi and cable and lots more, this campground will be your favorite new home away from home while you partake in the sights and sounds of fall in Fredericksburg.