Grapevine Texas, population 55,000, is a north Fort Worth suburb with a ton to offer visitors. From its quaint downtown filled with boutiques to its mega mall with tons of fun attractions for guests of all ages, Grapevine is truly a Dallas/Fort Worth destination that will knock your socks off. Named after the wild mustang grapes that were abundant in the area when it was settled in the 1840s, Grapevine is truly a must-see destination in north Texas.
Grapevine is an ideal destination for families because of the abundance of kid-friendly activities in the area. Grapevine Mills, the large outlet mall in the city, offers a number of fun spots for families to spend time together and is especially ideal in the summertime when temperatures soar making it hard to spend extended periods of time outdoors. If you are considering a trip to DFW, be sure to put Grapevine on your must-visit list!
Five kid-friendly destinations at Grapevine Mills Mall
Located near Lake Grapevine, Grapevine Mills Mall is conveniently accessible from major highways and is only a few miles from DFW Airport. With more than 200 stores and multiple entertainment options, you won’t want to miss Grapevine Mills Mall on your Grapevine Getaway.
- Legoland Discovery Center– Legoland is a wonderland of, well, Legos! Let your imagination run wild at this indoor center where you can climb, ride, create and play. There are Lego-themed rides, short 4D movies, building stations, a play area and an outdoor splash pad to enjoy in warmer weather. This spot is so much fun for kids!
- SeaLife Aquarium– Learn all about life under the sea at SeaLife in Grapevine Mills. Take a walk through the ocean tunnel as sea creatures swirl around you or touch sea creatures in the touch pools. Explore and learn throughout the aquarium while you create special memories with your family.
- Peppa Pig’s World of Play– Oink oink! Embark on a one-of-a-kind adventure with everyone’s favorite British pig! Perfect for kids ages 7 and younger, Peppa Pig’s World of Play is a fun, imaginative play space that allows kids to interact with characters and scenes from the popular television show. Kids can ride tricycles, climb in the play area, eat a picnic lunch and so much more.
- Rainforest Café– Kids will love dining at a restaurant that comes alive around them! During your meal, animatronic animals will entertainment kids as they eat their dino-shaped nuggets and sip from their rainforest-themed cup. They will love interacting with the alligator at the front of the restaurant and shopping for souvenirs in the attached gift shop.
- AMC Theaters– Dinner (or lunch) and a movie in the cool, air-conditioned movie theaters at AMC? Yes please! AMC offers a number of kid-friendly movies perfect for a day of relaxing while on vacation. Take in a fun flick and enjoy a meal at the dine-in theater. Or see what is playing on the IMAX screen for action that is larger than life.
Looking for a place to stay in Grapevine? There are lots of great, affordable options in the area, including big resort hotels and small boutique campgrounds. The Vineyards Campgrounds & Cabins on Lake Grapevine is a wonderful, affordable option for travelers looking for a picturesque setting at a great price. From kayak rentals onsite to a playground and clean laundry facilities to free Wi-Fi, Vineyards Campgrounds is an ideal spot for travelers of all ages. Give them a call today!