Texas is an amazing spot for a summer vacation. Whether you want to camp in a state park or tube down a river, Texas is a hot spot for outdoor adventure. From Big Bend National Park to Lake Travis, Texas has you covered if it’s fun in the sun you crave this summer. So grab your sunscreen (with a decent SPF- the Texas sun can be unrelenting in the warm months!) and your sense of adventure and let’s hit up the Lone Star State!
With multiple large metro areas peppered throughout one of the US’s largest states, Texas has a lot of great destinations for an action-packed getaway. The Houston metro area, located in the southeast part of the state, is only about an hour from the Gulf Coast and offers a myriad of activities for travelers of all types. On Houston’s northwest side you’ll stumble upon Conroe, an exciting city with lots of fun to offer guests of all ages and large lake with lots of engaging water activities. If you are searching for a sweet spot for a summer getaway, let’s look at some of the reasons you should consider spending some time this summer on Lake Conroe.
Six great summertime activities at Lake Conroe
- Cruise on a Tiki with Cruisin’ Tikis. Grab your friends and BYOB for a fun night out on the water. Rent a private tiki and float along the water to get that true island life feel. Download your favorite music on your phone (Jimmy Buffet, anyone?), stock a cooler with your favorite food and get ready for a good time on the water!
- Go for a swim at Lake Conroe Park. Pack your beach bag for a day in the sand! Visitors of all ages will enjoy building sandcastles and making memories on this public beach. Pavilions are available to rent and picnic tables and restrooms are free to use. Thirteen acres of fun in the sun await guests of all ages!
- Embark on a kayak adventure. Whether or not you’ve kayaked before, worry not! The North Lake Conroe Paddling Co. will work with groups of all sizes and experience levels to get them experienced kayaking and having fun. Spend a day on the serene waters soaking up the sunshine and good vibes that lake life ushers in.
- Ahoy, mateys! Be a pirate for a day on Lake Conroe. The Jolly Pirate Ship is ready for new recruits of all ages- what are you waiting for? Engage with the staff aboard this silly ship and have the time of your life on the open seas, er, lake. Who knows? Maybe you’ll even discover some buried treasure!
- Reel in a big one (maybe) when you go fishing on the lake. Catfish? Striped bass? Whatever kind of fish you are after, the many guides and fishing boats who work out on the lake can help! Whether you’ve been fishing for years or have never fished before, you can try your luck fishing in the waters of Lake Conroe.
- Dance and drink the night away on a Lake Conroe Cruise. Step aboard the Southern Empress and enjoy a night you won’t soon forget. Book a dinner cruise to enjoy a meal on the water or book a private cruise to spend time with the people you love most. Whatever you choose, it’s sure to be a gorgeous evening watching the sun set over the lake.
After a long, fun day on the water, you’ll want a place to cozy up and sleep the day away. For this, you’ll want to book a stay at Woodland Lakes RV Park. Just a short drive from Lake Conroe you’ll find this quiet RV park that provides a myriad of amenities in a peaceful setting that will allow you to enjoy bonding with Mother Nature. This park features a leash-free dog park, clubhouse and more. Book your getaway today!
Leave a Reply ·