Boerne, Texas, is the Texas Hill Country getaway you never knew you needed. Pronounced “Bur-nee,” this city, about 30 minutes outside of San Antonio, is a dreamy escape for anyone who loves the outdoors. The city offers a lot of exciting, adventurous activities both above and below the ground, perfect for the young and the young at heart.
Many folks who take to the Texas Hill Country do so in search of wineries and a relaxing weekend of shopping and bonding with friends. But Hill Country offers so much more to visitors than just fabulous wine. Boerne, home to a little more than 10,000 residents, is a fun spot for an outdoor adventure with families, friends, coworkers and anyone else who loves to spend time exploring nature.
Five fun outdoor activities in Boerne
- Cave Without a Name– Situated at a cool 66 degrees year-round, Cave Without a Name, located 10 miles northeast of Boerne, is a fun spot where you can explore underground. See stalactites, stalagmites, soda straws and more at this living cave that frequently hosts concerts in its open area called the Throne Room. Enjoy tours, concerts and more.
- Herff Farm– Connect with the past and learn about nature in a meaningful way at Herff Farm. Purchased in 1854, Herff Farm was one of the first settlements by Europeans in the Boerne area. Today it is a spot for people to gather on weekends for the Farmer’s Market, send their kids to learn and grow at the preschool or go for hikes and walks to learn about life in the area more than a century ago.
- Guadalupe River State Park– The Guadalupe River State Park features four miles of riverfront area, meaning there is space to spread out in the area and enjoy the water by swimming canoeing, fishing and more. Or, if you’d rather stay on dry land, you can hike and bike more than 13 miles of trails through the park. At the park, you can also geocache, picnic and more.
- Cascade Caverns– Embark on an underground adventure at a cool 64 degrees at Cascade Caverns. Offering up basic one hour tours (as well as several other, more involved tours), Cascade Caverns is a fascinating spot to explore the grounds underneath Texas Hill Country.
- Alpine Tower and Zipline at Don Strange Ranch– After you’ve explored Boerne at the below-ground level, enjoy some time soaring above the treetops with the zipline at Don Strange Ranch! Perfect for family adventures, teambonding, competitive types and more, the alpine tower and zipline is a fun spot to challenge your balance and encourage your love of the great outdoors.
Boerne is a quaint, German-inspired village in the Texas Hill Country with a lot to offer tourists, including slew of wonderful lodging options during your stay. If RV travel is up your alley (there are onsite cabins, though, if you don’t have an RV!), though, you won’t want to miss Alamo Fiesta RV. Pet-friendly with a pool, clubhouse and playground, Alamo Fiesta RV welcomes travelers from all over with warm southern hospitality with a distinctly Texas flair. Whether you want to stay in Boerne for the weekend or the whole winter, Alamo Fiesta RV is ready to welcome you with open arms.
Leave a Reply ·