Called Wiesn by locals, Oktoberfest is one of the largest festivals in the world. Celebrated over a three-week span in September and October every year, Oktoberfest draws visitors from around the globe to Munich so they can dance the polka, drink German beer and have a great time at this Volksfest. Originally started in 1810, Oktoberfest is a big deal in the Bavarian culture, and this yearly festival is adorned with a lot of fanfare. Complete with carnival rides, beer tents, restaurants and more, it’s hard to go to Oktoberfest and not have a good time. These days, though, you don’t have to travel all the way to Germany to partake in the celebration that is Oktoberfest. Similar, smaller festivals have popped up in cities across the globe as a tribute to the famous original in Theresewiesn, the festival’s German location. No matter where you live, you are likely to be able to find a spot where you can sport your best German attire, drink beer, listen to live music and more. If you are headed to the Houston, Texas area this fall, here are several Oktoberfest celebrations you won’t want to miss.
Oktoberfest 2023 celebrations in the Houston area
- Oktoberfest at B52 Brewing, Conroe, September 23. Open to all, this one-day festival includes games, food trucks and, of course, beer! Dress up in your Oktoberfest-best for a chance to win the Best Dressed Award and get excited for the for the Barrel Roll that starts at 4 pm. Souvenir steins available for purchase.
- Oktoberfest at Saint Arnold Brewing Company, Houston, September 29 & 30. Come for the local craft brews at this Houston brewery and stay for the live music, delicious food and vendors. This event spans two days with different vendors each day. Get ready for a laidback, German-style good time with a Texas flare, of course!
- KTX Oktoberfest at Typhoon Texas, Katy, September 30. Live music, stein-stacking, beer races… What’s not to love about this fun event? Catch live entertainment from German polka dancers, a clogging group and more. You can even compete to be crowned as Mr. or Mrs. KTX Oktoberfest 2023! So bring your best dirndl (or lederhosen, your choice!) and get ready for a good time.
- Oktoberfest at Eureka Heights, Houston, September 30. Get ready for German food overload with all the sauerkraut, pretzels and brats you can handle. This annual activity at Eureka Heights is sure to be a beer-fueled good time. There will be live music, photo ops, games and more. Eins, zwei, G’suffa!
- Oktoberfest at Urban South HTX, Houston, September 30. So many fun-sounding activities await visitors to this celebration, it’s hard to know where to start! Try your hand at mustard-eating, keg rolling and/or stein-hoisting before you dive into excellent German cuisine and beer. Live entertainment will be happening all day. Arrive hungry and be prepared for a good time!
- Oktoberfest at Pearland Market Days, Pearland, October 1. Shop and support dozens of different local vendors and get a jump on your holiday gifting! For the kids, the event will have face painting, games and lots of other activities to keep the kinder entertained. There will also be live music, food and so much more.
After a long day of good beer and great food, you’ll need a spot to kick off your lederhosen and stay a while. Summer Breeze RV in Katy has everything you’ll want in a RV Park and then some to suit your post-Oktoberfest-celebration needs! This RV park features a pool, fitness center, laundry facilities and more so you can relax after your long day (or days!) of living it up in Houston. Say Auf Wiedersehen to your worries and book yourself a getaway at Summer Breeze RV. Prost!