Nothing says “let’s kick back and enjoy ourselves” quite like listening to live music. Whether you’re the type to grab a seat and soak up the fun or the type to tear it up on the dance floor, you have to admit that there is something thrilling and enjoyable about great music. And you don’t need a big, flashy artist putting on an expensive stadium tour to enjoy live music. Sometimes the best musicians are the ones you can enjoy at your neighborhood haunt who sing a combination of their original music and covers of well-known songs.
If you’re looking for a Texas getaway with a number of awesome spots to catch local artists, look no further than New Braunfels. Well-known for being the home of Schlitterbahn Waterpark, New Braunfels is also home to multiple live music venues that know how to show guests a great time. From country music to rock and everything in between, these local hangouts will help you enjoy your vacation while you discover talented local musicians. There are so many incredible musicians from Texas (Willie Nelson, Beyonce and Miranda Lambert, to name a few), who knows what incredible talent you might discover in New Braunfels!
Six spots to catch great live music in New Braunfels
- Krause’s Café– Krause’s Café has been serving the people of New Braunfels (as well as its visitors) good food and even better beer since 1959. Live music and entertainment fills the restaurant most nights a week to provide a fun, welcoming atmosphere. This German-American restaurant is appropriately referred to as a local treasure.
- Blue Bonnet Palace– Enjoy a night out with your favorite people at this Texas-sized dance hall. Enjoy live music outdoors with a drink of choice in your hand. There are two restaurants onsite that serve up great food during the day so you have energy to dance long into the night. You won’t want the party to end at Blue Bonnet’s!
- Freiheit Country Store– Come for a burger and stay for the fantastic live music at this New Braunfels staple. The rustic store- established in 1889!- lends a fun vibe to this hot spot and the outdoor dining has a great ambiance. The store is even featured in a music video for Texas’ own Randy Rogers Band.
- The Grapevine– Wine and live music? Yes please! This Gruene spot features wines from more than 25 Texas wineries as well as 7 beers so there is something to please everyone’s palette. With live music every weekend and a relaxed atmosphere in the heart of downtown Gruene, this is one spot you’ll pull up a chair and get lost in the atmosphere and not want to leave!
- Whitewater Amphitheater– Situated on the banks of the Guadalupe River in picturesque Texas Hill Country you’ll find the Whitewater Amphitheater, an outdoor concert venue that attracts some big names. Opened in 2007, this spot enables concert-goers to enjoy music under the stars that will provide you with a night of live music you won’t soon forget. You won’t be able to get there soon enough when you see their summer 2023 line up!
- Phoenix Saloon– Did you know that the Phoenix Saloon was the first bar in Texas to serve a woman? Yep! This saloon has a storied and fascinating past- don’t skip reading the about section on their website for all the details! Nowadays, this is a great spot to grab a cold drink and catch a great local artist. They also host regular open mic nights if you feel the desire to hop on stage yourself.
New Braunfels lodging
After a night (or a weekend!) of soaking up some great Texas talent, you’ll want a place to hang your hat and rest up. For a cozy spot to call home in Texas’ iconic Hill Country, you’ll want to book a few nights at Sun Outdoors Texas Hill Country. With lawn games, a heated pool, an arcade room and more, Sun Outdoors is a perfect spot for the whole family. It features more than 100 vacation rentals on 32 acres of property and is definitely a place you’ll want to come back to again and again.
Leave a Reply ·