Head down to the Houston metro area and you’ll find Katy, a town of just more than 20,000 residents whose slogan is, affectionately, “your hometown.” Famously the hometown of actress Renee Zellweger, Katy, Texas, is a small town with a big personality and tons of fun for residents and visitors alike. If you want big city fun with small town hospitality, well, you’ll find it in Katy!
Whether you’re looking for a fun day trip during a Houston vacation or wanting to escape big city life to a fun-filled small town, you’ll want to consider Katy. With an abundance of parks and outdoor spaces as well as museums, shopping, historical sites and more, Katy is a destination unto itself. Get ready to fall in love with this Houston suburb rich in history and fun.
5 fun things to do in Katy, Texas
- Operate real construction equipment at Dig World! Adults and kids will enjoy experiencing this unique amusement park firsthand. Operate several different types of equipment and learn about heavy machinery. There is also a playground here as well as yard games for a maximum amount of fun!
- Learn how to make delicious pasta at Danjoy’s Homemade Pasta. Pick the pasta you want to make, gather a few friends, bring your own beverages and Bon Appetit! You’ll get to eat whatever you make- talk about tasty fun!
- Step back in time when you visit the MKT Railroad Depot and Caboose. Go inside the old train depot, originally built in 1898, that now serves as a visitor’s center. Learn all about the Missouri-Kansas-Texas railroad and explore the red caboose located on manicured grounds outside the depot.
- Make a splash at Typhoon Texas Waterpark. If you’re in Texas in the summertime, you won’t want to miss Typhoon Texas, a Texas-sized waterpark in Katy. Enjoy water attractions for all ages, including wild slides, climbing areas, a lazy river and more.
- Indulge in a little retail therapy at Katy Mills Mall. With more than 175 stores, a kids play area, movie theater and a myriad of food options, Katy Mills Mall is a destination with something for everyone. Perfect for rainy days or excessively warm summer days or any day, really, Katy Mills is a fun destination.
If a Katy vacation is in your future, a stay at Summer Breeze Katy USA needs to be, too! A destination itself, Summer Breeze USA RV features a water park onsite for guests of all ages to enjoy in the warmer months. Located near Katy Mills Mall and a large Buc cee’s for all your food and gas needs, Summer Breeze USA RV also has a year-round hot tub and numerous amenities to make guests’ stays as comfortable as possible. This is definitely a spot you’ll visit and won’t want to leave!
Leave a Reply ·