Just about 40 miles north of Houston, Texas’ largest city, rests Conroe, a growing city of about 100,000 people. Named after Houston lumberman Isaac Conroe, the city offers lots of outdoor activities for guests who enjoy water sports, golfing and generally spending time outside. According to VisitConroe.com, Conroe is the “perfect blend of starry nights and city lights.”
Conroe’s bustling downtown area offers a fun area where guests can shop, stroll, sip and dine. From breweries to boutiques, Conroe, a designated Music Friendly City in Texas, is a great spot to plan a vacation. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle, you can retreat to Lake Conroe, a 22,000-acre lake on the edge of town that offers lots of excitement away from the city life.
If Conroe, one of the fastest-growing cities in Texas, is on your radar as a place to visit, here are five must-do activities that will help you maximize your time and your memories in the Houston area.
Five fun outdoor activities in Conroe, Texas
- Golf- If golf is your thing, Conroe is the place to be. Avid golfers have multiple courses to choose from that will challenge their skills and be fun in the process. From the Golf Club at Margaritaville Lake Resort to The Village Golf Club, players in Conroe have multiple courses they can practice on while they visit Conroe. If golf isn’t your speed, maybe you want to try mini-golf! Conroe has that, too- Longview Greens Miniature Golf!
- Birding Tour– If you’ve always wanted to learn about the birds who chirp every morning and hang out with Mother Nature, why not check out a birding tour while you are in Conroe? You might see some you’ve never seen before, and you are sure to love spending time in nature with some of these beautiful creatures!
- Watersports– Lake Conroe enables visitors to participate in a number of great activities that will allow you to enjoy the water. If you enjoy boating, you can rent canoes, kayaks, jetskis and more to cruise around the lake and enjoy the sunshine. Don’t forget your life jacket!
- Hike- The Lonestar Trail is a big destination for area hikers who enjoy experiencing nature via trail. This website offers up a ton of information, including suggested trail routes with elevation and distance as well as where to park and drought conditions. So grab your favorite hiking shoes and an appropriate supply of water and set off on a grand adventure in Conroe!
- Geotour– The City of Conroe offers a fun Geotour to guests that includes 32 caches around the area. Embark on this fun adventure through scenic Conroe, learn about the city’s history in the process and mail in your completed Geotour Passport at the end for a geocoin. What a neat way to explore the city!
When you plan your Conroe vacation, you’ll have all sorts of options of where to stay. If you are looking for a great value at a great price, consider Woodland Lakes RV Park.
Located in Conroe, Woodland Lakes RV Park has a number of amenities to make all guests comfortable. From free Wifi and cable to an onsite off-leash dog park, Woodland Lakes features amenities that will make you comfortable whether you stay for one night, one month or even longer! Enjoy the public bathrooms as well as the clubhouse. The quiet location will enable you to enjoy country living in the middle of a larger city and just a short drive from Houston.